I don't feel like writing (or even talking) much these days, mostly I just sit and stare and do what I'm told or expected to. I spend most of my little free time watching bad TV-series and listening to gloomy instrumental post-rock in my pyjamas. I don't much feel like meeting people or going out, I'd rather stay under the blankets in the dark. My life probably sounds pretty depressing to anyone else but honestly, I don't feel particularly unhappy, I actually feel alright and enjoy my quiet loneliness most of the time. Also, I'm currently writing my Bachelor's thesis on the portrayal of women in German TV commercials, so at least I won't be seen as a total loser in the future but a loser with a degree. Not that my degree's of any huge importance in the real world but at least I have something to brag about.
Apparently people often think I'm a social butterfly. It's kind of hilarious since I personally see myself as an antisocial wuss who has thousands of acquaintances but only few real friends that actually know her. It's a lovely realisation, really. Clearly I'm a terrific actress without even knowing it, maybe I should reconsider my career choice. I've also gathered I'm usually seen as some kind of a superwoman, as a confident, strong Yes We Can girl who can take anything that passes her way without even breaking a nail or a single piece of her heart. Even more hilarious in a way.
I'm spending this weekend at a rented summerhouse with my family. The house is literally in the middle of nowhere, it's on an island in the middle of a great lake and you can only get there on a ferry, and the island is so small there's practically no one but us there. I can't wait to escape the city for a few days in a place where I can just eat tons of greasy food cooked over a bonfire, walk around aimlessly with my camera, have Yatzy marathons at night and laugh hysterically when my sister farts. Let the fun begin!

Where I'm planning to sit and stare throughout the weekend.

My amazingly gorgeous hiking shoes I'm never brave enough to wear here in the city.
No comments:
Post a Comment