My workplace.
Meeting people under bizarre circumstances is funny. You get to know all kinds of individuals you never would've even noticed in your average daily life 'cause you were too busy concentrating on not looking up into people's eyes when walking in the streets. I love it how all kinds of people from all around come together when things go somehow unplanned, listening to different kinds of life stories is educating in so many ways - you learn as much about yourself as you learn about that new being in front of you. Perspective is perhaps the word I'm looking for here.
About a week ago me and Anni were sitting on the central square listening to PMMP when we randomly met this guy from the Netherlands, he was touring around Europe with his motorbike. We talked for a few hours and went to the pub for a few drinks, after which we decided to go swimming. At 4am we were still sitting in the park chatting about life, in our towels.
It's been amazingly hot in Tampere during the last three to four weeks, so I've been enjoying the summer outside sitting in parks and having picnics on beaches. Some days I've actually ended up going swimming three times on one day simply to escape the heat for some sad fifteen minutes before sweating like a fevered pig again. It's been cooler for a few days now but I heard the heat is planning on making a comeback this week, which I'm both looking forward to and freaking out about.
I actually have no idea how I'm doing. Good but melancholy? Happy? Dazed and confused? All I know is change doesn't hurt anymore and I'm welcoming it with an open heart even when doubt is present. I'll carry on drowning my busy head in work and all kinds of events until I know where I stand with my future, and I'm in no hurry finding that out. I'm enjoying every moment of my current life, even though I'm still running around like a headless chicken. I promise I'll stop before I collapse from exhaustion.
No comments:
Post a Comment