29 April, 2010

Flesh and wine and luxury.

Glaciers have melted to the sea
(Things have gotten closer to the sun)
I wish the tide would take me over
(And I've done things in small doses)
I've been down onto my knees
(So don't think that I'm pushing you away)
And you just keep on getting closer
(When you're the one that I've kept closest)

Cooking for just one is kinda annoying. I always make too much food and because I don't want to waste it, end up eating too much of it, too, and then feel so stuffed it's almost as if someone had been shoving 500 kilos of pasta down my throat. I mean, I normally save some for later, but still I end up looking like I'm eight months pregnant for a few hours after eating. It's pretty much the same thing when I eat at the uni cafeteria, I already know I won't be eating much else during the day when I go there so I pile so much food on my plate that it's almost certain I won't be feeling hungry before all the grocery stores have already closed their doors. I'm waiting for the day my stomach simply decides to burst.

I'm done with exams for a while now. The next time I'll be expected to attend lectures will be in September. I'm still not sure how I feel about all this time on my hands. Excited? Been there, done that, danced around fully clothed as well as naked yesterday. Bored? Maybe in a few weeks. Empty? That's it. If I wasn't feeling this stuffed, I'd probably be floating around aimlessly like a lonely balloon with nothing but air inside my poor self.

I had a EEG test this morning, I promised to help a guy I know with his (psychology) master's thesis and thus had to get my brain activity checked. I also gave a blood sample a few months ago which will apparently also show if I have a genetic allele that increases risk for depression. Should be interesting since it seems it's almost a family trait to be somehow unstable.

No comments: