01 April, 2010

Destroy everything you touch.

Well, it's been two weeks and I've already found myself asking that "alive or just breathing?" question I was so afraid of the last time I wrote here - yay for me. However, the reason behind it doesn't have anything to do with my poor head now, this time it's purely physical which is why I'm not feeling like a weak hypocrite. Weak, yes, but that's also because of my current condition. I've been laying sick in bed for five whole days now and this day will probably be my sixth. And by "in bed", I mean in bed, I've had such high fever that I haven't really been able to lift a finger not to mention a leg to move my ass anywhere but the kitchen or the bathroom, and even those two about 3m long journeys have felt like marathons most of the time. I can't remember the last time I've been this sick, it's scary. I miss my appetite and a good night's sleep, I wake up five times a night just to find my clothes and sheets soaking wet from sweating, freezing. Good thing Rory and Lorelai are always there for me when no one else is.

Last week I went on a cruise with my uni friends, and we actually ended up winning another 4 luxury cruise tickets from this "guess which song" competition on the ship - pretty ironic, ha? Good times. I think I challenged one of my friends into a Guitar Hero battle in the middle of the night or perhaps morning, and I'm pretty sure I lost after playing some song from The Killers painfully bad. The breakfast buffet the next morning was pure excellence, and after trying to make up for the 2-hour sleep we all had had in the early morning by taking a short nap but failing at it, the tax-free goods looked even better than they probably would've without the sleep deprivation. Toblerone, my old friend, came home with me, as well as some salty licorice and a bottle of lime vodka. Good thing my appetite hasn't been doing so well, I still have some chocolate and most of the licorice left.

I hate missing people. Pillows don't talk, and even coffee doesn't taste as good when you only make it for one.

No comments: