24 January, 2010

Your hand in mine it's easier to suffer.

Today was the first time in ages that I wasn't totally exhausted and hungover on a Sunday. I've actually enjoyed this day quite a bit, first I took a long walk in the snowy woods with a friend of mine, then I visited my sister and finally managed to get my laudry done, after that I had a nice cup of tea with another friend who decided to pay a surprise visit to my place. Feels good to actually feel alive and sober during the weekend for a change. Well yes, this mood might have something to do with the fact that I spent whole yesterday lying in bed, watching Being Human and Black Books, unable to get up because of all the wine I had the night before.

Friday night was also good, though. I went to see Declan de Barra (aka the lead singer of Clann ZĂș) at this club, what a voice the lovely Irish bastard has, I can honestly say that I shed a tear or two during the gig. I had a 15-minute chat with the guy later on that night and was really impressed by his down-to-earth personality and warmth, I think he mentioned he's coming back to Finland during the summer. Everyone who reads this should really go and see him play in case he does.


This was actually my first weekend in Tampere since the beginning of December, and probably also the last one for a while since I'm leaving for Helsinki next Friday and there's the Depeche Mode gig and all. It's funny to realise that now that I'm actually kinda ready to leave this city and find a new environment to adjust in, I actually feel more comfortable about being and staying here than I've felt since I moved here in 2008.

I'm smiling.

No comments: