Whoah. Time's been flying by so quickly I'm still having trouble remembering what day it is most of the time, often even what time it is. Uni started again on Monday and the two weeks before that now seem like they only lasted for a few seconds. I haven't even been up to anything special, I've just been on holiday-mode. I wish I could stay that way but apparently my life deeply disagrees with this particular desire. Thanks a lot, life. Screw you.
I went for a coffee with a friend yesterday, and we started discussing and basically almost listing qualities that make someone an interesting potential friend type person. The list turned out to be longer than I had expected, apparently I'm not as open-minded as I claim to be. I guess I've come to a point in my life where the patience to get to know someone I don't click with instantly is running pretty low. I'm not saying one has to pass some incredibly insane test to get into my world (nor that getting there would be worth trying anyway...) but sharing similar interests, opinions and a sense of humor are pretty essential. For instance, not being interested in music and/or popular culture in general would be a pretty disappointing factor for I'm such a pop culture geek and like to spend most of my time either finding a new artist, band, film, TV series or a book to get fanatic about, or going on about something I've just found. It's not only that I'd be, eh, unable to contain myself, it's also that I would probably bore the hell out of someone who's into totally different things.
There's nothing particularly interesting going on in my current life and that's what like about it the most. I often claim I do nothing but hang around in my pyjamas all day but that's a lie, I'm always on my way somewhere and even when I'm not, I feel like I should be. I can't wait to start leading a boring, routine life again. I hope I still know how. Let the film marathons along with drowning myself in books and school work begin!
12 January, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment