20 December, 2010

Rakastan sua nyt kun kerään sydämesi sirpaleita kadusta.

The freezing cold weather outside has a tendency to infect your mind as well. I guess I have to wait until Spring to finally melt again. I also mean this literally, I've been working outside on a daily basis for the last two weeks and I can assure anyone reading this that it's really not a good idea to agree to stand outside in -20°C translating Finnish to German for five hours. Not only do I stand there looking pretty much like the Michelin Man, but also I have a lovely new scent called German Bratwurst that even people on the North Pole can probably smell from my clothes. Note to self: judge a book by its cover the next time you're looking for a job. It may not work with people but I'm fairly certain it's a good way to go in the business world unless you wish to watch your self-respect having a tantrum on the floor like a kid who's just been denied his favourite candy.

I'm not good at avoiding pressure and stress, I'm better at embracing them with arms wide open. Christmas is really not the best time to be around me, I'm in ten places simultaneusly both in my head and literally, at least I try to be. Eventually I realise I forgot to include sleeping and eating to my schedule and then withdraw for a few days in a world of (bad) movies and Ben&Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. I'm glad I'm getting away from here on Wednesday, I promise not to even think about Uni stuff or work for a week once I reach my parents' place.

It's funny how some pieces of music can suddenly throw all kinds of feelings at your face, feelings you never even knew you had. A musical bitchslap. I've been experiencing quite a few of those lately. Good thing a slap leaves no visible bruises, otherwise I'd be walking around practically mutilated. Mentally, of course.

No comments: