22 November, 2010

Of all the liars in the world sometimes the worst are your own fears.

Today I've been working on my Bachelor's. That is, I've been adding pics and tags to my blog and even managed to change the picture behind the title up there. I'm all bambi in headlights now, startled by life and death and everything in between. Sadly today that has been true even in the literal sense, I learned someone passed away last night who wasn't supposed to go yet. You often forget about the big picture until something really bursts the bubble you thought was perspective on life. Worrying about whether you're gonna afford Spotify Premium next month feels pretty silly compared to what could happen to each and every one of us, any time. It's sad how quickly you forget the whole cliché of ceasing the moment 'cause it's one that should be kept in mind at all times.

I went to see Imogen Heap last week in Helsinki, and I have to say it was one of the best shows I remember from the past few years. The woman is seriously bonkers, she wouldn't shut up about her past, the friendships she has or has had, her financial problems or even the birds at her local park, and all the while she kept walking and dancing around the stage like a maniac with ADHD, however, it was precisely all this is that made the whole concert so extraordinarily precious and her so intolerably lovable. I love it when someone just simply takes the audience over just by being actually there, 100% with no exception. It's probably quite hard to get a Finnish audience to sing as a sampler for you, the fact that she managed that tells just about everything. I didn't even like the new album that much, I think I may have to get to listening to it once more. It's funny when this happens, when live music reopens some of those doors in your head that you too quickly decided to shut before.

Now I'm going to sleep. Sleep is good. I have three blankets to keep me warm and snug tonight. I trust them to protect me from all harm outside my bed. At least for one night.

No comments: