I'm sitting at our hostel's lounge room in Glasgow and my head's doing its best to kill me after last night's nightly ventures. I just dragged both me and Terhi's stuff downstairs from the 6th or 7th floor only to check us both out, about Terhi's whereabouts I have no clue. I know she's better than fine, though, wherever she's at. That doesn't keep me from kicking her huge arse if she doesn't show up soon, pretty much the opposite.
Glasgow in general has been a pretty weird experience. Yesterday was great, first we went to Primark just to immediately get into a state we normally call Lidl psychosis, aka got so very overwhelmed by every piece of clothing that we basically went utterly insane for a few hours and ended up buying too much stuff to actually fit our backpacks. After that we went out to have a few drinks, randomly met some Swedish guys, and in the end ended up clubbing at Bamboo which seems to be one of the most popular clubs here, for a very good reason. My feet are sore from dancing and my brains sore from not-thinking-but-drinking but I'm still glad to say hangovers abroad aren't nearly as bad as those at home. I'm pretty sure it's just an attitude thing.
The night before yesterday wasn't all that great, I haven't really had any negative experiences from couchsurfing before but that night was pretty much one of the creepiest ever in my life. I actually had to send a text before I fell asleep that if I hadn't texted my sister back before 2pm the next day, I'm probably dead or lying somewhere in a basement in chains. Fortunately we did actually wake up all of our limbs still attached and very much alive. Never before have I fallen asleep next to someone with a knife-shaped hair needle in her hand, just in case.
I think I'm gonna take a nap now on one of the huge couches here, they have been inviting me to jump on them for a long time now. Then it's Edinburgh time again. The most important thing right now is that I'm still alive, not just breathing. Although right now just the breathing part is something I'm so bloody thankful for.
24 October, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment