19 May, 2010

Love can damage your health.

Wow, life seems somehow way different now than the last time I wrote here. I actually ended up deleting the entry I wrote about a week ago after realising how emo I was sounding. Note to self: don't write your blog while miserable and drunk, you'll just regret it later.

What a week! Well, 9 days actually, but in any case. I just got back home (not home-home, my childhood home) on Monday and after that I've mostly just spent my time outside enjoying the steaming hot weather and the insides of my parents' fridge. One good thing about visiting this place is that there's always something delicious to shove in your mouth! My own fridge should consider itself happy if there's anything more than ketchup and cheese inside.

I ended up leaving for Oulu on Wednesday. It took me and Terhi probably less than five seconds to get into our usual (drunken) state of chaotic spontaneity and ludicrous madness. Wednesday night's party was fun until I for some reason decided to try and throw my boyfriend out of Terhi's apartment, my current level of stress has apparently turned me into a one-braincelled drama queen (people who know me well can keep their "oh but you've always been one" comments to themselves, thankyouverymuch ;). The weather's been crazily hot since Tuesday so I spent most of Thursday and Friday just laying on the grass in the park enjoying the sun, having a couple drinks and chatting in good company. On Friday we also had a party and I think it was somewhere around 8 a.m. when me and Henry finally arrived to Terhi's apartment, happy and exhausted under the morning sun.

I love summer mornings, they make me feel like I'm capable of anything at that moment. Nothing can compete with a long walk at 6 a.m. when the streets are still empty and the sun hasn't risen to its full glory just yet, you suddenly see immense beauty everywhere around you, even in the ugliest places in existence. All worries disappear for a brief second and you're able to breathe freely and feel the wonderful world breathe with you.

I got good news today, my job got extended for another month, which means I only have to study until the first of July. I probably would've left abroad next Fall anyway but this means I'll actually have some money to spend there. I have no idea where I'm heading yet but I usually decide that on my way there anyway.

Wake up
It's a beautiful morning
Honey, while the sun is still shining
Wake up
Would you like to go with me?
Honey, take a run down to the beach

Oh, mama
I wanna go surfing
Oh, mama
I don't care about nothing

No comments: