17 October, 2010

The next time you say "forever".

I'm not sure if being overemotional counts as being emotionally crippled but it sure feels crippling at times. I'm pretty used to telling myself to calm down whether the feelings I've evolved are positively or negatively charged, but actually relaxing is another matter. I simply don't seem have the attention span to take things slow. I want and need explosions in the sky (pun intended), even if the chances of seeing fireworks instead of shooting stars were impossibly small. This side of me is something I'd hate to lose for it would mean not experiencing such deep highs and lows (I consider the lows worth the highs) but it's extremely tiring to be and feel this way. Even I have trouble keeping up with my rollercoaster heart and mind, so I guess it's not really reasonable to expect other people to be any good at it, either. I'm not saying I'm going to stop expecting that, though, some day I'll either find someone fast enough and/or become easier to keep up with.

The day after tomorrow I'm (hopefully) gonna be in Scotland, and I haven't even had the time to print out my flight tickets yet. I don't have a clue where we're staying (Crystal Castles in Glasgow on the 19th!) or what we're even planning to do once we arrive there, but that's pretty much the best thing about this trip. I'm pretty excited to see what bizarre things me and my best yet utterly bonkers midget-sized friend are gonna end up experiencing this time, life has a tendency of throwing weird people and situations in our direction especially when we are together. Either way, the next week's gonna be a much-needed break from my hilariously miserable life here in Tampere. Come what may?

No comments: