I'm leaving for Düsseldorf the day after tomorrow. Well, I'm leaving for Düsseldorf airport the day after tomorrow. I have no idea where we're heading after that, we haven't booked any kind of hotels or hostels or anything and actually have no clue whether we're even staying in Germany or heading straight to Holland to visit some guy Terhi knows that I've never met. The whole trip is pretty much wide open, our only plan is to make it back to the airport on Thursday so we can get back home, aka so we can unwillingly drag our asses back to this country at least two of us three traveling companions mostly spend our time wanting out of. In every case, I'm excited to get away from my life here for a while. I hope I won't get too caught up in being abroad, I always do, and then I can't concentrate on anything else but planning how and when to get out of Finland the next time, and usually the next time can't be more than a few months away. Fact is I have to work through July and August and have no chance of getting anywhere from Tampere before school starts. I mean, I already know I'll probably be leaving for Germany to work before Christmas, but that's fucking six months away. (I know I sound ridiculous.)
I'm going out with my sister tonight to see Street Dance 3D. Dance movies are always the same, there's always some goodie-goodie girl who does ballet who falls in love with some badass hiphop guy, on comes the traditional Romeo&Juliet bullshit storyline, and then at the end the two combine their styles creating something ecstatically wonderful, after which life is good and love never dies. This doesn't really bother me, though, because the dance scenes are usually so bloody awesome. And tonight the film's in 3D! This should be something to remember when I'm old and wrinkled. At least when I break my hip and can't ever pretend to be a street dancer ever again.
My Tampere:


1 comment:
Meet me in hamburg! I am gonna be there on 26th till 29th!
Post a Comment